Vancouver: Support the lawsuit that could stop the tar sands in its tracks
Sid Shniad
2014-10-14 20:17:59 UTC
From: Cameron Fenton - 350.org <***@350.org>
Date: Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Subject: Vancouver: Support the lawsuit that could stop the tar sands in
its tracks

Friends,

Next week the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN) is headed to federal
court to challenge the approval of Shell's Jackpine Tar Sands mine in
Northern Alberta, a challenge that could stop tar sands expansion in its
tracks.

*Will you join me in standing with them in support of their challenge to
the unjust approval of this project and irresponsible tar sands
development? *Click here to RSVP.
<http://act.350.org/go/6151?t=1&akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB>

The Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation lives with the ugly reality of tar
sands extraction and have filed a challenge to the Jackpine project's
approval. Their case alleges that the federal government breached its
duties to consult and accommodate ACFN with respect to the project and the
manner in which the project will impact ACFN’s constitutionally protected
rights.

If they win, it will be a giant blow to Big Oil's tar sands expansion plans
-- join me in standing up with ACFN.
<http://act.350.org/go/6151?t=2&akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB>

*What:* Rally in support of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation and their
legal challenge to the Shell Jackpine mine project.

*When:* Wednesday, October 15, 8:00am - 9:30am

*Where:* Federal Court of Canada - 701 West Georgia Street, Vancouver,
Coast Salish Territories (Vancouver)

*Click Here to RSVP on Facebook!
<http://act.350.org/go/6151?t=3&akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB>*

The ACFN's legal challenge could stop this dangerous new tar sands project
in it's tracks. I'll be there Wednesday, and I hope to see you there too.

Onwards,

Cam Fenton

*P.S. to learn more about the ACFN legal challenge, click here
<http://act.350.org/go/6152?t=4&akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB>*

350.org <http://350.org?akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB> is building a global
climate movement. Become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong
and growing. <https://act.350.org/donate/build/?akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB>

You can update your contact information here
<https://act.350.org/login/?next=/me/update/&t=5&akid=5392.524640.t2yWMB>,
or if you're 100% sure you never want to hear from 350.org again you can click
here to unsubscribe.
---